Monday, September 14, 2009

And we're off

Friday September 11, 2009

We left home at about 6:00 a.m. We made 3 rest stops, 1 stop for breakfast at McDonald's drive thru in LaGrande, Or. and lunch stop in Prosser, Wa. We made it into Seattle a little before 3:00 our time and got into our motel, the Sixth Ave Inn with no problems.
Our motel was very nice, although it was older we found no fault with it. It was clean, service was great and we had a nice view of Seattle buildings. When you're from the country in Idaho, it is a fun change from the cows and the mountains, although I would not want it everyday.
At 6:00 Seattle time, we had friends Jacquie and Mark Rodgers take us for a drive around Seattle. (Our car is now parked at the hotel for 7 days) They took us to the “Chinook” for supper, a really nice restaurant on a fishing boat inlet with a great view and even better sea food. We saw the crabbing boat from the TV show the “Deadliest Catch” which was moored there.
Back to our motel for a some sleep. Tomorrow is the day.

Saturday September 12

We are up and around, enjoy hotel internet, although, Wayne stole all my pictures I wanted for my blog and put them on his, just because he could. HaHa
We enjoyed a very nice complimentary breakfast from the hotel and had the clerk arranged for our free town car to take us to pier 91 at 11:00. They arrived on time, but we met several other couples headed to the same place waiting in the lobby with us, although I've never seen them again.
We made it to the pier and passed through check in quickly, although Wayne had to be wanded in security, it was the foil in his cigarette pkg. We were on board and eating in the Lido buffet by 11:30. One lady at the hotel said we wouldn't be allowed on board until 1:00. I told her I thought we could!!
We had our mandatory life boat drill at 3:15 and were setting sail and saying goodbye to Seattle by 4:00.
The Fontaine Dining Room is beautiful and we had a table on the top landing. We enjoyed Prime rib and a wonderful dinner. Our waiter's name is Sue and the manager is Constantine . They gave us a table for 4 and have seated no one with us. We are very disappointed because dinner with 6 new friends was 1 of the high points of our last cruise.
During dinner, the captain announced a medical situation where a passenger would be taken off the ship near Port Angeles. This did happen and it was interesting to watch the Coast Guard ship trying to get close enough to take him off. I might add that by now the seas were really kicking up. The ship not only was going up and down it would take a sideways flop every third or forth wave.

I made my way to bed shortly after this, feeling indigestion more than sea sickness. I didn't sleep well, and I can tell you it was rough, every once in a while the waves would slap up and fill the recessed port hole above our heads.

Sunday September 13

That's right, by morning I was sick.
My “Motion Ease” that you put behind your ear didn't work, and the ginger gum was just enough to send me to the porcelain god. Wayne got me to go up on deck for tea and crackers, but I soon came back, stopped by the Medical Center and grabbed some free seasick pills. Lots of people there. The nurse said take 1 or if you want to sleep take 2. I took 2, didn't want to stay awake feeling like this. I slept from about 8:00-11:30. I woke feeling pretty good.
I had tea and chicken soup for lunch and wondered around a while. We played name that tune with the piano player, I did awful.
Sunday cont.
We went back to the room and I took 1 more pill, and took a 2 hour nap before dinner.
5:00 we began dressing for formal night. I felt good. We had our picture taken by ship's photographer. (I may go check how they turned out in a bit.)
Wayne had Fillet Minion I had King Crab. We both had shrimp cocktails. It was very good. We had a sugar free apple tart for dessert, but agree Royal Caribbean had better sugar free deserts.
Then I went back to the cabin and went to bed.

Monday September 14

I woke up feeling real good today, went to the Lido Buffet for coffee and breakfast. I took a picture of a couple of the waiters together. They wanted to see it and giggled. They are all so cute and nice.
I might mention our 2 cabin stewards are GG and San. So sweet, the minute you step out they ask if there is anything you need. Yesterday they worried so much about cleaning the cabin, and I was in there sick. I told them not to worry, the minute we stepped out in the afternoon, they had it cleaned. I haven't seen any towel animals yet? That's the least of my worries.
Wayne has found his place on the back upper deck with the smoker's. It is way too cold up there for me, so I don't stay long.
It is about 9:50 now, we arrive in Juneau around 11:00. We have nothing much planned other than riding the Mt Robert's Tram to the top and back. We will probably hit the public library to check out free internet to send blogs. Wayne went on ship internet last night and it cost $17 to send his and he had it all ready to go.
I will check for bargains in ports. I have heard this late in the season they have things for 75% off.
Won't buy any diamonds I'm sure. Supposedly Juneau is a world Market for them.
Will add more when we return.

No comments:

Post a Comment